Skip to main content

I'm back

Well it has taken me a month to get back here but I made it. The weather has been fantastic so far and I really should not have any excuses for not painting outside. But of course i do. Hands are still pretty sore so painting has been kept at a minimum. This does not mean that one cannot plan ahead though. Being off work for the next few weeks will give me some time to catch up on a few of the new books purchased such as, Landscape painting by Albala. So far it has proved to be pretty good. Gave me a new perspective on how to perceive light and shadows.
Another good book is Emily Carr by Maria Tippett.It is not a new book but a very detailed and concise version of Emily's life story. Believe me I have read a few already and this is by far the best.
As for future paintings, the leaves are starting to change color so now is a good time to get as many reference shots as possible. The fall colors look to be quite beautiful this year. Perhaps i can post a few pics in the near future.
That is about all for now....back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

East Coast New Brunswick Exploring

Tuesday, March 8, 2016, was a day for exploring the shores of The Bay Of Fundy near Alma and Cape Enrage. The sun was shining and it felt much like a spring afternoon. The tide was on the way out but only one-quarter of the way. It really is fascinating how fast and far the water travels. It was not until I witnessed this for myself, that the full realization occurred. You must be careful when out along these shores, especially if you cannot swim. This first photo was taken at a place called Dennis Beach. WOW was all I could say when I got out of the car and looked over the cliff! The view is incredible in all directions! Access to the beach is very limited and I could not manage the steep incline down, not to mention getting back up. A shame really because the painting and photo ops are truly endless. Perched at the top where this photo was taken is breathtaking and will provide many opportunities to paint this summer. I certainly can envision  different scenarios with the changi

"Small Is Beautiful" Show and Sale

The art gallery of Burlington is hosting a “Small Is Beautiful ” sale for the month of November. This is the painting that everyone chose for me to submit. I am still a bit unsure but we will see. If it sells I will be ecstatic.

Spring Flowers

Spring is finally here but it sure does not feel like it today. Good thing I was able to snap a few photos yesterday. The ice pellets and strong winds that have prevailed all day on and off would not have made for a good photo session. Lucky for me I was able to capture a few good images. One of the most enjoyable things for me is photographing plants, trees and flowers. I don't know why but its a real obsession! Both of these images were taken using my Nikon D3200. The colour photo remains untouched but the black and white photo I did some adjusting in Photoshop. Black and white photography just has a certain appeal which I am trying to explore. We always see florals in colour so I thought it would be interesting to see some in Black and White.  My Internet works slower then a turtle so there will only be two photos this time. Till next time!!