Skip to main content

Back Again!! :-)

It has been far too long since this blog has been active. It goes to show that I have done very little painting and photography these past several months. Winter was a tough one as for personal health issues but things are much better at the moment. Spring was terrible too, so wet and cold that it really did not inspire me to spend much time outside with these aching bones. But like I said, things are much better now.
I have been painting again recently and have decided to go on a trip with OPAS. The Ontario Plein Air  Society. The trip is for the first week of Sept and it is four days in some of Ontario's most beautiful northern landscapes. An area that is quite new to me in location (Haliburton) but not as far as landscape features. It is truly God's country up there with all the lakes, rivers, streams and wildlife. With any luck there will be many photos and even a few paintings. The weather has been unpredictable all summer, so really really praying it is good while we are all up there. Most people are staying in the same camp ground from what I understand, so we will get a chance to meet and get to know one another as well. So far I have only met a few of our members and they are very talented and genuinely nice people.
I look forward to posting some photos of the trip. In the mean time you may see some works in progress. They will by no means be anything great..trust me..lol..I'm trying to get rid of the painting cob webs so to speak and get back into the swing of things. Wish me luck!!
Attached is an incomplete Plein Air from a couple of weeks ago.


Cheers,
Tracy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 2

This week we added more green to the grasses near the water. Adjusted the color of both roofs. Started on a lighter coating of the barn boards and shadows. Things are coming along very well. Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.

"Small Is Beautiful" Show and Sale

The art gallery of Burlington is hosting a “Small Is Beautiful ” sale for the month of November. This is the painting that everyone chose for me to submit. I am still a bit unsure but we will see. If it sells I will be ecstatic.

oil painting 1.jpg

Started taking oil painting lessons just over a month ago. So far this is where I am. Have to admit that it is much more enjoyable then I imagined it would be. Gina my teacher is a very talented artist. She also has the patience of a saint.LOl This painting is from a reference photo I took of my b/f"s aunts property. She lives next door to us. It is a 16x20 canvas, smooth surface. All the green is certainly a learning experience and driving me nuts. But then again landscapes have a lot of green depending on the season. I will continue to update my progress on here. Bye for Now Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Virgin Mobile.